Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC
Home Attorney Profiles Practice Areas Immigration News Contact Us
Areas of Practice
Civil Law
Contract Law
Criminal Defense
Domestic Violence
Nonimmigrant Visas
Adjustment of Status
Family-Based Immigration
Battered Spouses, Children and Parents
Trafficking in Persons
Victim of Crime
E-1 Treaty Trader
Treaty Investor
Foreign Investor (EB-5)
Temporary Protected Status
Motion to Reopen/Reconsider
Removal Defense
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Landlord-Tenant Law
Personal Injury
Real Estate
Tax Appeals
Traffic Tickets
Workers' Compensation
Contact Us
Tell Me About Your Case:

Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrants, unlike immigrants, enter the United States for a temporary period of time. With limited exceptions, nonimmigrants must have an intent of temporary stay in the United States, while in some instances, dual intent is permitted.

The following include nonimmigrant visas:

Visas for Temporary Visitors

  • B-1 – Visitors for Business
  • B-2 – Visitors for Pleasure

Visas for Students and Trainees

  • F – Academic Students
  • M – Vocational Students
  • J – Exchange Student
  • H-3 – Nonimmigrant Trainees

Visas for Business Personnel

  • H-1B – Specialty Occupations
  • H-1B1 – Fast Track H-1Bs
  • H-1C – Professional Nurses Working in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs)
  • H-2A – Temporary agricultural workers
  • H-2B- Skilled/Unskilled workers provided USCs/LPRs unavailable
  • H-3 – Nonimmigrant Trainees
  • H-4 – Accompanying family members (Spouse/Children)
  • O – Persons of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in the sciences, arts, education business or athletics
  • P – Athletes and Group Entertainers
  • L-1A– Intracompany Transferees, Executives and Managers
  • L-1B – Intracompany Transferees, Specialized Knowledge
  • E-1 – Treaty Trader
  • E-2 – Treaty Investor
  • E-3 – Australian Special Occupation Visas
  • Q – Cultural Exchange Visitor
  • R – Religious Workers
  • I – Representatives of Foreign Media
  • TN – NAFTA Professionals (Canadian and Mexican citizens only)

Diplomatic and International Organization Aliens

  • A – Diplomats
  • G – Employees of International Organizations and NATO
  • NATO – Certain employees of NATO
  • C-2 – UN Transits
  • C-3 – Foreign Government Transits

Family-Related Visas for Fiancees, Spouses, and Children of U.S. Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents

  • K – Fiance Visa
  • K-3 – Spouse of USC
  • K-4 – Children of K-3
  • V – Spouse/Child of certain LPR

Transit, Crewmen, and NATO/G-4 Family

  • C – Transit visas
  • D – Crewmen visas
  • N – Parents and children of G-4s and NATO employees accorded special immigrant status

Law Enforcement Visas

  • S – Persons in possession of critical reliable information concerning a criminal organization or enterprise
  • T – Trafficking in Persons visas
  • U – Victim of Crime visas
Free Case EvaluationExperience MattersKnow Your Rights